Nd:YAG Laser Technology
We use a US FDA approved, Nd:YAG laser which is safe on Indian skin and suitable for all skin types. The beam of laser light is absorbed by the dark colour (melanin) of the hair. This procedure works on the hair roots (follicles) without harming the surrounding skin. Within 6 – 8 sessions, your hair growth is reduced significantly. The service is performed by our trained and certified skin practitioner under the supervision of the dermatologist. After shaving the area to be serviced, an actively cooled hand piece along with cooled gel glides over your skin. We ensure that throughout the procedure we maintain strict hygiene standards at all times.
This permanent laser hair reduction service reduces the quantity of unwanted hair. It also reduces the thickness of the hair, leaving behind only fine, less visible hair.
Since hair follicles grow and re-grow in a cycle, only hair that is growing is affected in a single session. That is why multiple sessions are required to ensure optimum results.
Since hormonal changes in the body can trigger hair growth, we recommend some maintenance sessions after you finish with your usual course of 6-8 course sessions.
How long does each treatment take?
- You might see hair growth after initial sessions. These will fall off eventually. Rest will be targeted in the next sitting
- There might be slight redness or swelling immediately after the service. This is completely normal and will subside in a few hours
- Apply post laser cream to the serviced area for 5 days after each session. Apply sun screen regularly thereafter
- Continue your regular outdoor activities, but avoid excessive direct sunlight exposure for 2-3 days post the session. Apply sun screen, with SPF 15, at least 20 minutes before you go out in the sun, especially on the serviced area
- Use normal tap water on the service area for 12 hours post the session. Warm water or soap can be used after 12 hours
- Swimming can be resumed after 2-3 days post service since chlorine can irritate the serviced area
- Between the sessions, hair can be removed using shaving or hair removal creams only. Avoid removing hair for a week before your next appointment
- Do not bleach, wax, pluck, thread hair in between the sessions from the serviced area. Do not out dye or put mehendi on the area to be serviced
- If you are taking KAYA HairFree on face, then avoid facial for 7 days prior and 7 days post your session
- Do not use Acne drugs like Retin A and cosmetic products like chemical peels/products containing AHA for 7 days prior and 7 days post your session
Is laser hair removal really permanent?
Most KAYA customers achieve 80-90% permanent hair reduction. This service reduces the quantity and thickness of hair. However, it does not target very fine, bleached or grey hair. Since hormonal changes in the body might trigger some hair growth, it is recommended that after a course of 6 sessions, you undergo a few maintenance sessions.
Is the Nd:YAG laser technology safe?
Absolutely! We use a US FDA approved Nd:YAG laser, safe on Indian skin and suitable for all skin types. The service is performed by our trained and certified skin practitioner, under supervision of the dermatologist. Our Skin Practitioners go through a stringent 45 day program at the KAYA Training Center in Mumbai, a state-of-the-art facility that imparts the latest expert training. On-going quality control and re-training ensures consistency in the delivery of the service. Side effects from laser hair removal are uncommon. Sometimes clients experience hyper-pigmentation (darkening of skin) or a slight redness of skin (allergic reaction to the heat). Both conditions are temporary and can easily be treated with topical creams